Add More YOU to Your Business Site
A potential client is looking for your capabilities and services but they also want to know what you believe in, what your team looks like, and find out if you’re passionate about the same types of things they are. Do you share HOW you do business and WHY you do it that way? This will set you apart from your competition. You’re not always competing on price. You’re also competing on your level of service, on your trustworthiness, on your values, on what you believe in, and the story you’re telling.
Put more “YOU” in your business - this is what people care about! Potential clients are looking for your personality, not your resume.
How to Add More Interactive Content About YOU
- Share photos of you and your team through milestones in the history of your business.
- Include videos of you and your employees sharing what you’re passionate about.
- Show pictures of a typical day on the “inside” of your business. Let people see “behind the scenes”.
- Link to social media profiles and the profiles of key personnel.
Use Your Own Photos!
Are you using generic images or stock photography on your website? Clients and customers want to see what YOU really look like, including your staff and your business surroundings.
- If you provide onsite services, share photos of the staff that will be making onsite visits.
- Encourage your staff to take photos of a typical day at your business.
- Share photos on your website, on Twitter, and on your Facebook wall.
Include Social Conversations & Social Content
If you are working hard to build your Twitter or Facebook following and you want to engage with customers, don’t hide it! Put your social media feeds directly on your home page and let people view conversations in real time. Add Follow Us buttons on your website so people can easily find your Facebook page or follow you on Twitter. Include Share THis buttons so visitors can share your blog posts or articles of interest on Facebook and Twitter.
Social media has proven that customers want more of YOU! Take the time to highlight the “YOU” in your brand.